Thursday, April 26, 2012

Lisa Mills

I had the pleasure of photographing a wonderful blues artist recently. I was introduced to Lisa Mills last summer and have never missed a local show since. Not only is she one of the best blues singers I have ever heard, she is even more awesome since we share the same name.

Lisa's most recent album “Tempered in Fire” is always playing in my car. Other drivers probably think I am crazy seeing me sing my heart out to Lisa’s music. Some of her songs speak to me about the past - “I’m Changing” and “My Happy Song”, and others to a hopeful future - “These Arms of Mine” which was originally sung by Otis Redding, and “Tempered in Fire” which is a very sexy song. Another one of my favorites is one that puts me in a good mood no matter what my day is like “Keep on Smiling"
She is currently working on a new gospel album that I can't wait to hear!

To learn more about this wonderful artist check out her Website and like her on Facebook.

And for Mississippi locals Lisa will be playing at Mosaics May 11th and Hucks on May 26th.

I love that she picked out black & white photos as her favorites from our session!