Monday, December 28, 2009

Animal shelter needs your help!



I was introduced to the Animal Protection and Education Association by Alyssa of
Gulf Coast Belly dance. When she asked me to come along to photograph the animals while she donated food and money I thought all I would see were dogs at cats. But when I arrived I was amazed and excited at the variety of animals I saw.

I had a hard time picking what photos to show. So here is a link to all of them. Shelter photos

APEA is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization that relies on donations and fundraisers to operate. They are currently in operation in both Alabama and Mississippi. Their mission is to promote the humane treatment of all animals, eliminate pet overpopulation, provide public education regarding animal care and welfare, protect the animals placed in our care, and to seek responsible homes for the animals that can be adopted.
They are in desperate need of donations of either money or food. The biggest need they have right now is volunteers during the week to help feed and walk the animals.

Please call 228-990-6776 if you are able to help in any way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love THESE Pictures Lisa....

You are such a talented, loving, giving person and hope you can raise some awareness with these pictures.

Save a Best Friend's Life, Adopt a MUTT, I did!!!!

Dawn